What is Chemical Pest Control?Chemical Pest Control, as the name suggests is a method of pest extermination using Chemical Insecticides & Pesticides to disinfest residential, commercial, and industrial premises. Since there are various types of pests, there are different types of chemical pest control methods too. Chemical Pest Control methods either kill pests or control their reproduction or repel them. Chemical Pest Control methods are feasible for large residential properties, small and large industries, food processing plants, hotels/restaurants, large kitchens, commercial centers, etc.
What is Herbal Pest Control?Unlike chemical pest control methods, Herbal pest control methods make use of pest control gel formulated using naturally occurring HERBAL ingredients. Herbal Pest Control is usually used to disinfect small residential spaces such as apartments and bungalows. Herbal pest control methods are effective against household pests such as cockroaches, ants, and flies. Because it has no side effects at all, the Herbal pest control method is mostly preferred for disinfecting household kitchens.
Compare Advantages & Disadvantages – Chemical vs Herbal Pest Control
Advantages of Chemical Pest Control
- 100% Efficient & Effective – Chemical pest control methods are very efficient in controlling pest infestation, particularly if detected at an early stage.
- Comprehensive Pest Extermination – A single chemical insecticide/pesticide is effective against a number of pests. Herbal pest control on the other hand is effective against household pests only.
- Faster Results – In most cases Chemical pest control delivers results quciker compared to herbal pest control treatments.
- Easy Application – Chemical Instecide/Pesticides are easy to administer and penetrate deep inside the small crevices and pest hiding places to effetively annhilate the pests.
- Precise Targeting – Chemical pesticides are knwon to target the pests they are intended to to exterminate.
- Safe – When the chemicals are mixed in the right proportion they are safe to be sprayed in the areas habitated by humans and pets.
Disadvantages of Chemical Pest Control
- Strong Chemical Smell – Often doing Chemical pest control leaves your house filled with strong chemical odour which may last for a few days.
- Safety Issue – If the pesticide is not mixed in the right proportion or if the proprtion of the pesticide is more than the prescribed volume, it may be hazardous to the inhabitants of the space.
- Long Term Health Hazards – If a property is frequently sprayed with chemical pesticides the inhabitants are exposed to chemicals that can have adverse effects in the long term.
- Side-Effects – Occapnts of the property treated with chemical pesticides may suffer from the side-effects. Occupants may experience the following conditions – dizziness [caused due to the strong chemical odour], nausea, loss of appetite, itchy-eyes, coughing, sneezing & headache. Long-term exposure can cause much more serious health conditions.
- Pests Develop Resistance to Pesticides – Continued use of chemical pesticides stimulates the pests to develop resistance to the particular pesticide. Once they develop the resistance, the pesticide then is not as effective in exterminating the pests.
- Stains – Spraying pest control solutions can stain the walls and floors. Too much spraying can create mess that is hard to clean.
Advantages of Herbal Pest Control
- No Harsh Chemicals – The ingredeints used to formulate the pest control gel are all herbal. Since there are no chemicals used, there are no side-effects that are generally associated with the chemical pest control.
- No Smell – Unlike pesticides, herbal pest control gel has no strong chemical smell. The herbal gel is almost odourless or has a mild smell. Your home will not smell like a chemical storage facility.
- Non-Hazardous – The herbal pest control treatment is completely safe and poses no threat to the occupants of the property.
- Works on Household Pests – Herbal gel treatment is well suited for household pests found in kitchen, pests such as cockroaches, ants and flies.
- Easy Application – Being in the form of gel, the herbal pest treatment does not create mess and is easy to apply. You can administer the herbal gel yourself.
- Good Results – Our “Roachbait” Herbal pest control is a tried-and-tested method and works very well against all types of Cockroaches including adult & nymph cockroaches of all kinds.
Disadvantages of Herbal Pest Control
- Limited Use – Herbal pest control methods work only on household pests like Cockroaches, Ants and Flies. Herbal pest control treatments don’t work on pests like termites and bed-bugs.
- Quality Issues – Most herbal pest control gels are formulated by local pest control service providers. The manufacturing process of these gels is not regulated or controlled by competent authority, as is the case with the chemical pesticides. The quality of the gel may vary with different batches and you might not get the desired results, everytime.
Compare Examples: Chemical vs Herbal Pest Control
Common Pesticides/Insecticides used in Chemical Pest Control
- Bayer Responsar (Betacufluthrin – 2.45 %) – Responsar contains beta cyfluthrin 2.45% SC. It is used for General Pest Control and effective against mosquitoes, spiders, lizards, ants, etc.
- Bayer Propoxur 20% EC – The active ingredient of Propoxur 20% EC is Carbonate. It is a multipurpose insecticide that is effective against bedbugs, cockroaches, ants too.
- Premise 30% Imidacloprid – The main ingredient is Imidacloprid 30.5% SC which is used for Pre-construction and Post-construction anti-termite treatment.
- Spectra Alphacypermethrin – 10% SC – This insecticide helps control mosquitoes, houseflies, and cockroaches for a longer period of time.
- Temprid SC – Effective upto 90 days and controls upto 50 insects & pests. It is used as a residual spray and is used for the control of bedbugs and cockroaches.
- Cypermethrin 25 EC – This insecticide is a synthetic Pyrethroid. Pyrethroid acts as a fast-acting neurotoxin in insects.
- Regent 5% SC – Ingestion toxicant that is used to exeterminate a wide variety of pests and insects. Known to be effective against pests that have developed resistance to other pesticides.
Herbal Pest Control GelOur “Roach Bait” Fipronil [0.05% w/w] based cockroach gel is formulated using Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth, Onion Powder, Tea Tree Oil, Baking Soda.